Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Microsoft Account Bypass Now Being Blocked [59921]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:56 pm    Post subject: Microsoft Account Bypass Now Being Blocked [59921] Reply with quote

if you are installing Windows 11 and are unable to connect to the Internet and used to use the windows OOBE experience to use a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account, it won't work now, because Microsoft now blocking Limited Accounts bypass.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
That teaches you one thing: never use an MS OS again.
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't these companies know what they are doing?

Oh, don't install windows as we now suck, go install Linux instead you wont regret it.
NyaR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, switched to linux a year ago when they started putting gay flags on task bar. don't regret it.
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is that anyone who wants to game with almost no hassles is going to be stuck with Windows.

Yes, you can game on Linux. But not all games. Multiplayer games especially are an issue still. Destiny 2 will straight up ban you for trying.

I'm sure there are workarounds for this. Creating a custom installer for instance that's been made as lean as possible by physically deleting components from the installer like Tiny11.

But yeah, the writing's on the wall. Microsoft wants to be able to tie you to their real money maker, cloud shit, as well as be able to spy with 100% personally identifiable information, which is obviously all fully accessible to the US government.
NyaR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a hassle at this point. Valve has made great strides with proton. 99% of steam games just need the proton checkbox to be ticked. And Lutris makes installing pirated games a breeze. The only game that I know doesn't work is Lost Ark, and now that you mentioned it, Destiny 2. With the amount of games available it doesn't matter to me if one out of 100 games doesn't work, there are still 99 other games to play.
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. I got a steam deck and I use Heroic to install "3rd party games"
Also Heroic can install Epic, GOG and Amason games as it connects to their stores and accounts.
It also puts pics, icons etc into Steam so it looks great. I do it manually as I like it the way I like but it can still do it for you.

The main games that LInux/SD dont run are mainly the multiplayer online games but they suck anyway so about 99% of good games work fine. I've only met about 5 out of 500 games that dont run. Operation flashpoint for example. That refuses to run on Linux so its not just the SD but I did get to the menu which is further than a lot of people who tried got. Most it wont even boot at all. Had to majorly tweak it to get that far then i gave up and went and played something that worked Smile

Think about this.
Most consoles are based on a version of Linux. PS3/4/5 and Xbox 360/One/Series are all based on FreeBSD I think it is.

I'm still on Windows 7 with ad blockers and lots of registry tweaks and its working great. I dont game on this PC its mainly work stuff... (I'm a gamer so you know what I do with it.Smile
I have hardware that wont work in newer version of windows and software that wont work as the servers are gone. It still works so if I reinstall or upgrade that software gets broken. SO I'm stuck here but I'm happy with no spyware from M$ as thats all been turned off and blocked. Smile

Last edited by NakedFaerie on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:53 pm; edited 14 times in total
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised our resident Windows 11 fanboï has not reacted yet.

Last edited by Csimbi on Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
I'm surprised out resident Windows 11 fanboï has not reacted yet.

Come to think of it, Windows 7 was probably the most successful version of Windows. All you would have to do now is take the sources, upgrade them a bit, replace the certificates, and it could run for another 15 years. I'd have no problem paying for it. But I'm certainly not willing to pay for Windows 11 or what will follow, things often don't work the way they should, and in terms of efficiency it doesn't save time, quite the opposite.

I'm not talking about the integration with Office 365, where the whole cloud runs rather less and less consistently. Windows used to dominate the market, thanks to the freedom that people got in terms of choice of hardware and software. But that's exactly what Microsoft is now trying to take away from people again. And if it continues, it's doomed to fail.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future some new company emerges with a completely different solution that will surprisingly dominate the market. After all, nothing necessarily lasts forever, not even Microsoft and Windows.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember O/S Warp and BeOS? They were great!
Whatever the next OS will be, it will need to run Windows-based games and Office to take off.
Linux has done a lot in these areas already (as mentioned above already).
DirectX is being replaced with Vulkan.
In games where Vulkan is not available, you can use DXVK - which wraps DirectX to a much faster and more efficient Vulkan.
Microsoft's monopoly has been melting away for years and they did nothing by screw up their OS even more.
Good riddance.
I am with Windows 10 so far, it became fairly decent over the years - a viable replacement for Windows 7.

Last edited by Csimbi on Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:

Think about this.
Most consoles are based on a version of Linux. PS3/4/5 and Xbox 360/One/Series are all based on FreeBSD I think it is.

macOS is also just a Linux fork.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee whizz, it’s like dropping in on a playground for of whinging girls.

We’ve heard this broken record week week out.

If you fucking hate MS (and all things related to it) why haven’t you binned it?

Instead we get two-faced comments from Csimbi, saying he ‘hates everything MS’ yet loves Win 10 Rolling Eyes like, get a friggin grip.

Go. Linux is waiting for you. I do not give a shit about MS, but I don’t spend over £1700 building a rig for it to be a liability for my thousands of games.

That’s the difference between me and here; I know which side my bread is buttered on, you lot make all the right sounds and do fuck all about it!

Over 77% of business use windows.

Time to put up or shut the fuck up ffs Rolling Eyes
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabot wrote:

Instead we get two-faced comments from Csimbi, saying he ‘hates everything MS’ yet loves Win 10 Rolling Eyes like, get a friggin grip.

You need a pair of glasses mate - or maybe read everything twice before you respond - for I have never expressed any love for Win 10.
What's with these attacks? I hope it makes you feel better!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: