Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

piracy is good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRM doesn’t just apply to games. It applies to the OS as well. Away back to Win XP if you changed your mobo etc you had to reactivate it. People weren’t as bothered about hacking and cracking then, they seen it as a way of protecting their hobby, from aholes that were eventually going to cost the industry, and legit gamers, a fortune.

I’m fortunate to have come from the days of shareware and NO copyright per se. Though certain games still required a manual to answer a “question on page 4” for eg. Still, we did play it at friends houses etc Doom,Quake # and if we liked it, we bought it.
Though it was pointless at times, trying to play a friends game due to the complexity of games that DID require manuals and an age to sit and read them. Since back then (mid 90s) games came with stonking beautiful manuals and you were never going to get anywhere without them!

So we bought games and accepted this was going to be the new norm.

Today, it’s very different. They (publishers) slit their throats by purely going digital and saving money by not bothering with manuals etc.
No incentive from a generation brought up with a ‘one click mentality’. Resulting in an entitled attitude and piracy was as prevalent as smoking!

I pride myself in my thousands of owned games **in sales** - no frigging need to pirate nothing! Then there’s Steam Fest demos etc.
I’ve been gaming for 33 years and I have owned and build my own PCs in that time.
Last thing I would ever do is invite cracked infected code onto my hardware.

I’ve got patience.
I don’t need games today, I’ve got thousands that I can play until a sale for the ones I want.

Thanks to a generation that killed brick and mortar shops, vinyl, CD-ROM and books, were stuck in a backwards society that know’s the price of everything, but the value of nothing!
Hey ho….
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: